Cattivo come adesso...Mike Patton's forum

La nascita dei Tomahawk, com' è andata in realtà?

« Older   Newer »
view post Posted on 9/8/2006, 18:06     +1   -1

fenomenologo da quattro soldi

Group:
Fan Club

io ho sempre pensato che i Tomahawk fossero nati così:

Mike nel '99 fa un concerto a Nashville, in Tennessee, vicino alla residenza di Duane. I due si incontrano nel backstage (vengono fatto incontrare?)e si scambiano le e-mail e del materiale.
Denison ascoltando i dischi dei Bungle capisce che Patton è l' uomo giusto per lui, lo contatta e gli chiede se vuole fare il cantante in un suo gruppo.
Patton accetta e così fa entrare Duane nel mondo Ipecac.
il resto è storia nota

oggi però con Sgabrioz cercavo notizie più approfondiite ed ho trovato questo: http://www.sonic.net/~goblin/2002tomahawk.html

Denison, however, is the ax-grinder behind Tomahawk. A common friend introduced Denison to Patton after a 1999 Mr. Bungle show in Nashville, Tennessee where Denison was recording with Hank Williams Jr. III. Patton told Denison about his new label Ipecac and encouraged him to contribute.

"So I said I'd be interested in doing a rock thing and if you're interested in collaborating with me on it then why don't you think about it? We sent tapes and CDs in the mail -- he came down to Nashville for a couple of days and he worked on stuff at my house. Then one by one everyone we got to be in the group came to Nashville (including Helmet's drummer John Stanier and Melvins bassist Kevin Rutmanis). Then we recorded the album in May and June, had a week of rehearsals -- recorded and mixed the album in two and a half weeks," Denison said.

in pratica, Mike incontra Denison, lo conosce, ha già ascoltato i Jesus Lizard (io lo sempre sostenuto, Mike si ispira molto a David Yow), e gli propone di lavorare con per la Ipecac.
a quel punto Denison dice "bene, e che ne diresti di lavorare con me?" ecc ecc

in pratica Patton stimava Denison e voleva che facesse uscire i suoi lavori per la neonata Ipecac. I Tomahawk sono nati dopo, sempre dalla mente di Duane.

view post Posted on 9/8/2006, 18:52     +1   -1

Group:
Administrator

Non sapevo nulla di come fossero nati i Tomahawk...
bravi, bravi.... :marylin:

Web  Top
view post Posted on 11/8/2006, 13:50     +1   -1

Lord Of Terror

Group:
Administrator

...bravi...così vi voglio!!!

Web  Top
view post Posted on 16/8/2006, 17:43     +1   -1

fenomenologo da quattro soldi

Group:
Fan Club

altra versione di John Stainer:
"I've always been a huge Jesus Lizard fan," said Stanier. "For years every time he'd come to New York [where Stanier lives] I'd hang out with him. He was always telling me he wanted to do a solo project, and anything that he does musically that I have the opportunity to be involved in I absolutely would do at the drop of a hat. I think when Mike got involved the ball really started to get rolling. They had met in Nashville, and because of the fact that [Patton] has a label, we could just record and put it out on that. We didn't have to go through all that crap of getting it out on a label, which was great. That sort of sped up the process. Duane grabbed me and Mike grabbed Kevin - there you go." (fonte: http://www.inmusicwetrust.com/articles/62h17.html)

mi sembra di capire che Denison contattò Stainer per un suo progetto solista, poi fu coinvolto anche Mike.
Dall' altro lato, se Duane si cercò il batterista, Mike si portò dietro Rutmanis come bassista...

e poi... un altra intervista di Duane:
The group originated when Denison met Patton at a 1999 Mr. Bungle show in Nashville. "I was playing with Hank Williams III at the time," Denison explains, "and the bass player from the band was friends with Mike and some of the other [Mr. Bungle] members, because he was from California. So he said, 'Come on, let's go see this band, Mr. Bungle.' I had never listened to them, to be honest. I had heard them do other stuff that was sort of related to weird things, like John Zorn or stuff like that. So I went to the show and thought it was great. It blew me away. They were wearing the beach shirts--it was after they released 'California.' I got to meet Mike afterwards, and that's kind of how this whole thing got started."

Duane non conosceva i Mr. Bungle, li ha ascoltati per la prima volta a quel concerto..

Edited by Petauro - 16/8/2006, 19:33

3 replies since 9/8/2006, 18:06   228 views