Cattivo come adesso...Mike Patton's forum

[Traduzioni/Interpretazioni] Peeping Tom, .....in lavorazione!!.....

« Older   Newer »
Fantômas
view post Posted on 24/6/2006, 10:56 by: Fantômas     +1   -1

Lord Of Terror

Group:
Administrator

alcune citazioni OT

Muddy Waters

Got My Mojo Workin

recording 1960

Got my mojo working, but it just won't work on you
I wanna love you so bad till I don't know what to do

I'm going down to Louisiana to get me a mojo hand
I'm going down to Louisiana to get me a mojo hand
I'm gonna have all you women right here at my command

Got my mojo working
Got my mojo working
Got my mojo working
Got my mojo working

Play on!

Got my mojo working
Got my mojo working
Got my mojo working
Got my mojo working
Got my mojo working, but it - uh uh - just won't work on you

(I'm Your) Hoochie Coochie Man

I got a black cat bone
I got a mojo too
I got the Johnny Concheroo
I'm gonna mess with you
I'm gonna make you girls
Lead me by my hand
Then the world will know
The hoochie coochie man

in ent caso è associato ad altri termini della religione voo-doo

Black cat bone

Voodoo magic, good luck charm, especially to bring back the wayward lover. Costly and valued, its scarcity was largely due to the elaborate ceremony which was required for its preparation - the fainthearted and/or animal lovers are advised to skip the next part, ;-). Every black cat has within its body one bone that will either grant the owner invisibility or can be used to bring back a lost lover. To secure this bone, a black cat must be thrown alive into a kettle of boiling water at midnight. The animal dies in agony, and the practitioner boils the carcass until the meat falls off the bones. Some say that the special bone will be the top one left when the water boils away, others say it can only be found by placing each bone in turn beneath the tongue while an assistant stands by to notify the practitioner that he has become invisible, and still others swear that if all the bones are thrown into a stream that runs north (uncommon in most of North America), the desired bone will be one that floats on the water and heads south. Once found, the black cat bone is carried in a mojo bag and anointed with Van Van Oil to bring back a lost lover. The oil or fat of the cat is bottled for use as a candle dressing and for anointing gambler's charms.

Johnny Concheroo

When Willie Dixon/Muddy Waters sings in "Hoochie Coochie Man" that he has "a John(ny) the Choncheroe/Conqueroo," he means a (High) John the Conqueror root - the hard, woody tuber of Ipomoea jalapa, a relative of the common sweet potato. In magical practice, the root is not ingested, probably because it is an extremely powerful laxative. Instead it is used whole, carried on the person as a pocket piece or as an ingredient in a mojo bag, especially one designed to draw money, bring luck at games of chance, or enhance personal sexual power.

in più il tutto è sempre associato a...

Hoochie coochie man

The word hooch is slang for alcoholic liquor especially when inferior or illicitly made or obtained. Haven't found a (slang) meaning for the word cooch(ie) but it most likely refers to the female genitals. The term hoochie coochie man would then refer to a man (who prides himself) getting his share of booze and women;

CITAZIONE (yumiho @ 24/6/2006, 11:46)
Mi inchino all'autorita' del dizionario, pero' secondo me morrison ha scelto l'anagramma conscio del doppio-senso. Comunque, tornando alla traduzione della canzone io propongo di lasciare mojo senza traduzione:
Devo far partire il mio mojo
il motore sta ronzando
o no?

perfettamente d'accordo!!!
certi doppi sensi sono intraducibili!!
..e poi chissà che cazzo aveva in mente Mike!!!
...mmm...forse non è difficile capirlo...visto anche altri testi come Sucker...

Web  Top
31 replies since 23/6/2006, 15:45   1968 views