Chuck Mosley new band!

« Older   Newer »
Lazarus Gordon
view post Posted on 9/6/2006, 11:12     +1   -1

Ex-Faith No More Singer Emerges With New Band And Impending Album
Tuesday June 06, 2006 @ 05:30 PM
By: ChartAttack.com Staff

fonte: http://chartattack.com/damn/2006/06/0609.cfm

After nearly two decades of reclusion, former Faith No More frontman Chuck Mosley is making a return with his new band, Vandals Against Illiteracy (V.U.A.).

Mosley fronted Faith No More during the mid- to late '80s and helped mold their trademark sound of melding elements of rap and metal. While the band gained popularity on college radio with Mosley, mainstream success eluded them. He became the vocalist for the band in 1984, filling the vacant position left by a number of previous singers, including Courtney Love. He recorded 1985's We Care A Lot and 1987's Introduce Yourself with Faith No More, but was expelled from the band in 1988 due to his erratic and volatile behaviour both on and off the stage. Despite being ousted from the group, Mosley says he now has amiable relationships with most of his former bandmates.

The Ohio-based Mosley briefly fronted Bad Brains and Cement in the '90s, but has generally kept a low profile.

Mosley's new band are currently trying to complete their forthcoming album, Will Rap Over Hard Rock For Food. The group are comprised of Cobra Verde guitarist Tim Parnin, bassist Ed Stevens and, according to Mosley in an interview with Billboard.com, "a guy named Eric" who "was in Pro-Pain" on drums. Mosley holds down the vocals as well as some guitar parts.

"It's more kind of my style — more noisiness, but there's some rapping over hard rock," said Mosley. "There's more screaming and singing — some short punk rock songs, some harder ones, acoustic jammies."

The album includes a remake of Faith No More's "We Care A Lot" that features FNM keyboardist Roddy Bottum. Other tracks include "Punk Rock Movie," "Tractor," "The Enabler" and "Sophie," a ballad written for Mosley's youngest daughter.

Vandals Against Illiteracy will remain off the road until their debut release is completed. Mosley hopes it will be released this year, though label and distribution deals are still in the works.

—Max Hayman

view post Posted on 9/6/2006, 12:01     +1   -1

Group:
Administrator

hmm... sono curioso, chissà se ha imparato a cantare :D

Web  Top
view post Posted on 9/6/2006, 12:08     +1   -1

fenomenologo da quattro soldi

Group:
Fan Club

vedremo...

grisanti
view post Posted on 9/6/2006, 12:29     +1   -1

anch'io son curioso

view post Posted on 9/6/2006, 17:18     +1   -1

'I am a Shadow and I dwell in the catacombs which border the country of illusion hard by the dim plains of wishing'

Group:
Fan Club

CITAZIONE (Lazarus Gordon @ 9/6/2006, 12:12)
"There's more screaming and singing — some short punk rock songs, some harder ones

con quella tonalità che si ritrova????????????? :blink:

Web  Top
view post Posted on 10/6/2006, 10:23     +1   -1

Poffàre

Group:
Fan Club

quoto i perplessi, a me ha sempre fatto cagare

Web  Top
view post Posted on 22/6/2006, 22:23     +1   -1

Esegeta

Group:
Fan Club