Cattivo come adesso...Mike Patton's forum

Intervista a Jim Martin, ...del 97

« Older   Newer »
view post Posted on 23/4/2006, 16:38     +1   -1

Group:
Administrator

I nomi che vedete con accanto l'indirizzo email sono le persone che hanno fatto le domande.
Alcune domande sono interessanti, altre no perché si riferiscono al tempo in cui sono state fatte e oggi non hanno nessun interesse.

CITAZIONE
Below are the results of the Jim Martin Q & A held during the summer of 1997.

Jim Morrison - [email protected]

1. Would you ever play with FNM again in like a "reunited Kiss" kinda way?

No I don't think FNM will ever "reunite", and if they did, it would take a large deposit in my bank account for me to play some gigs with them. So, if you ever hear of a reunion gig, you'll know I've sold out in a big way.

2. Are there any other bands that you've considered playing in (or that you're guest appearing on) in the future?

I think that there would be a lot of bands that would be fun to record with, but for the time being, there are no plans.

3. What albums have you been listening to lately?

One record I just heard recently which I really liked was called "Mad Season"

Tim Jones - [email protected]

1) About two years ago on The Bruce Dickinson Rock Show on Radio One in England they played a couple of tracks from one of your demos. One was Navigator and the other was The Old Man Of The Sea.I absolutely LOVE The Old Man of the Sea.Why did it not end up on the album, and how can I get a copy of the demo because I've only got a really crappy copy off the radio??

The reason this song didn't make it on the record was that the song was written by a friend of mine named Bobby Keith who was working with me when we made that demo. Unfortunately, he was unable to participate in the recording of "Milk and Blood". Since he sang the song, we couldn't record it without him and maintain the same vibe. You can't get a copy of the demo so you'd better take care of the crappy copy.

Broady - [email protected]

1) What changes have you made to your sound since your departure from FNM?

I haven't changed my sound at all since I left FNM, assuming you're asking about my guitar sound. I put the guitars up louder on the record. The song "Hunter Shepherd" came about when I was experimenting with different tunings.

2) How did the song Hunted Shepard come about?

I had been fooling around with a dulcimer and I tried tuning my guitar similarly. When I started strumming, "Hunter Shepherd" was born.

Maurício Grohmann - [email protected]

What are your plans regarding coming to play in Brazil? I am a great fan of your work and would like that you came to play in my country. Your fan Maurício.

Sorry, no plans at the moment.

Mark Sampson - [email protected]

If you could list five albums that most impacted the music you play today, what would they be?

The 5 albums are: soundtrack to The Song Remains The Same, Presence, Umma Gumma, Paranoid, The Wall.

What do you say after the song "Jim" on We Care A Lot?

I can't remember exactly what it was, but I remember the gratuitous use of the word "Fuck".

Khaled Obaid - [email protected]

Jim Martin, My name is Khaled Obaid...live in the United Arab Emirates....know it? Anway your album fucking rules, I love FEAR and FATSO'S WORLD! I just wanted to ask you what advice do u have to a person who wants to get into music intensly and wants to be like you? I know you personally know Metallica...can u tell me how Cliff was? Would u ever consider a vocalist in your band...don't get me wrong or anything...but i was wondering....I sound like a mix of Hetfield-esque and Patton-esque type singing?

Hmmm, advice? Play in lots of bands. Play in several at once. Spend most of your energy on the one that's doing best. When you find a better situation, don't be afraid to step up. Never think you don't deserve it or you're not good enough. Don't fall into the trap of going down with the sinking ship. Be loyal to yourself first. Remember, a band is a relationship. If it sucks, move on. You'll know you're on the right track when it is all you're doing and you're doing it a lot.

Wanna be like me huh? Drink lots of beer and smoke lots of cigarettes. Laugh at everone.
Cliff was a good friend. He taught me a lot.

Vocalist? uh, I'll keep you in mind...

Scott Waterhouse - [email protected]

Are you going to tour Australia?
Do you play the banjo often?
Do you regret becoming a rock god?

No plans to tour Australia at the moment. Yes I play the banjo often, it's good finger picking excercise. What does being a "rock god" mean? Life's great, I'm having fun.

Daniel W. - [email protected]

1. I started playing guitar because of you and have recently started my own band. What advice do you have for me?

Play in some one else's band. Play in lots of bands. It will only make you better. It's great you have your own band as well.

2. Do you think Faith No More are making better or worse records since you left the band? Why?

I think FNM are making worse records since I left because they don't have my input anymore!

3. Would you have stayed with Faith No More if they hadn't fired you?

No I would not have stayed. They like to say they "fired" me for whatever reason, but this is simply not true.

kike-cocoloco - [email protected]

How can u make your guitar sound like jizzlobber? thankx
666-for ever

Worship Satan dooder, and yers will sound the same

Emmanuel Lisboa Cappellari - [email protected]

how did you felt after leave Faith No More?

I felt relieved after leaving FNM. It was the right thing to do.

What was the exactly reason than made you left FNM?

I left FNM because I didn't like the direction the band was going in. We simply couldn't agree. I guess you'd call it "artistic differences"

Whith this new albun, do you expect the same sucess whn you were in Faith No More?

I hope for similar success, but I don't expect it. A slow growth process is more likely. The people who will like my music must find me. Most FNM fans probably will not.

Steve Rosadiuk - [email protected]

What kind of strings do you usually play for electric guitar?

I use ghs strings. they seem to work the best.

Are you a hockey fan, and if yes, what is you favorite team?

I love hockey, although you could could hardly call me a fan. I like the Penguins.

What is your favorite Black Sabbath album?

Paranoid is my favorite Sabbath album.

Jim Martin wannabe - [email protected]

Jim, How do u feel about Faith No More's constant altering with guitar slots?

I think the constant guitar shifts are due to a hatred of guitarists.

What do u think of Re-Load and what do u think of Jon Hudson, new FNM guitarist?

I think Reload is great. this is an extension of what Metallica has always done, which is whatever they want. I don't know Jon Hudson.

Benoit Froger - [email protected]

Angel Dust is arguably the best FNM album, at least it's my favorite; when YOU play this album does it ever make you want to revisit those days?

Why would I ever want to do what I've already done? I very rarely listen to this record, I've heard it a million times in the studio and on the road. However, I do have good memories of that period.

Web  Top
view post Posted on 23/4/2006, 17:21     +1   -1

'I am a Shadow and I dwell in the catacombs which border the country of illusion hard by the dim plains of wishing'

Group:
Fan Club

I think Reload is great

se non l'avessi letto nn ci avrei creduto MAI....

io credo che alla fine sia vero che se ne sia andato lui dai faith no more,perchè altrimenti vito il suo comportamento durante ange dust e come ci ha collaborato,lo avrebbero sbattuto fuori a calci da prima...
tra le tante cose credo non gli sia andata giù nemmeno l'esclusione di The Cowboy Song,che in fin dei conti credo sia la canzone che lo metta più in risalto di quel periodo..

CITAZIONE
No I don't think FNM will ever "reunite"

Web  Top
view post Posted on 23/4/2006, 17:29     +1   -1

Group:
Administrator

Il sito di Jim Martin era pieno di interviste ed articoli su di lui e sui FNM... ora non c'è più ma sono riuscito a recuperare tutto tramite la cache di google :D
Adesso stampo e poi leggerò tutto con calma :) Se dovessi trovare qualcosa di interessante la posto ;)

Web  Top
view post Posted on 25/4/2006, 09:02     +1   -1

Group:
Moderatore globale

Ma com'è questo Milk and Blood?

Web  Top
view post Posted on 25/4/2006, 09:53     +1   -1

Group:
Administrator

Thrash metal...
c'entra poco e niente con i FNM (a parte la cover di Surprise! You're Dead!), il suono della chitarra di Jim è diverso, molto più thrash appunto.
I riff sono splendidi, alcuni da orgasmo. Peccato per la produzione: si sente praticamente solo la chitarra, il basso è quasi inesistente e la batteria oltre ad avere un suono "poco massiccio" (sembra il suono delle batterie per bambini a volte :D ) è anche poco presente, cioè il batterista mi sembra si limiti a suonare il minimo indispensabile. Probabilmente tutto ciò è stato voluto da Jim per evidenziare i suoi riff. E comunque solo per questi l'album merita di essere ascoltato... potrebbe essere un manuale: "Come suonare riff thrash metal" :chit:

ripeto, chi lo vuole mi mandi un pm...

Edited by MrBungle82 - 25/4/2006, 22:07

Web  Top
j.lo
view post Posted on 25/4/2006, 21:00     +1   -1

A me garbò. Lo trovai iperscontato tipo due mesi dopo l'uscita. Non credo abbia avuto molto successo...

view post Posted on 25/4/2006, 21:05     +1   -1

Group:
Administrator

CITAZIONE (j.lo @ 25/4/2006, 22:00)
A me garbò. Lo trovai iperscontato tipo due mesi dopo l'uscita. Non credo abbia avuto molto successo...

sì, credo proprio che abbia avuto poco successo....
Io l'ho pagato 5 euro spedizioni comprese (dall'Austria)... vabbeh che sono passati quasi 10 anni dall'uscita e probabilmente ora è anche fuori commercio... però... fosse stato un album di successo non l'avrei pagato così poco...

Web  Top
view post Posted on 25/4/2006, 23:55     +1   -1

'I am a Shadow and I dwell in the catacombs which border the country of illusion hard by the dim plains of wishing'

Group:
Fan Club

CITAZIONE (MrBungle82 @ 25/4/2006, 22:05)
fosse stato un album di successo non l'avrei pagato così poco...

ti ricordo un certo album che hai trovato ad un solo euro :rolleyes:

album progettato male,con quei riff una band di media bravura c faceva un discreto album stile bay area...
la sezione ritmica confrontata all'originale,è utile giusto a ricordarci qual'era uno dei punti di forza dei fnm...
newsted ospite fantasma dell album (ha il rilievo che ebbe in ...justice praticamente)
la risata di surprise non riesce ad eguagliare quella di mike... :yeah:

Web  Top
j.lo
view post Posted on 26/4/2006, 12:04     +1   -1

Comunque credo che ormai si dedichi solo alle zucche in compagnia della moglie e difficilmente sentiremo nuovamente parlare di lui . :(

Comunque credo che ormai si dedichi solo alle zucche in compagnia della moglie e difficilmente sentiremo nuovamente parlare di lui . :(

view post Posted on 26/4/2006, 13:18     +1   -1

Group:
Administrator

CITAZIONE (GIDAN RAZORBLADE @ 26/4/2006, 00:55)
ti ricordo un certo album che hai trovato ad un solo euro :rolleyes:

i Fishbone?
:D era ad 1 sterlina per la precisione :B): poi con le spese di spedizione sono arrivato cmq a 5 euro circa... :gny:
e cmq quello era usato (anche se in perfette condizioni), quello di Martin invece era nuovo sigillato.

Cmq ebay è una svolta cazzo... sto prendendo a prezzi stracciati singoli (anche in vinile) e cd che: o non si trovano più sul mercato o che nei negozi paghi il triplo... e fino ad adesso tutto ciò che ho preso era in ottime condizioni...

Edited by MrBungle82 - 26/4/2006, 14:19

Web  Top
Satan Claus
view post Posted on 21/8/2006, 12:18     +1   -1

si ma è un mito! cioè tu vai li e gli dici che lavoro fai? e lui ti dice :"mah ho suonato come chitarrista nei FAITH NO MORE, e ora coltivo zucche!" IDOLO!!!!!! mmm mi incuriosisce però milk & blood

view post Posted on 1/5/2010, 00:23     +1   -1

Group:
Administrator

CITAZIONE
“After our second album, Introduce Yourself, was released in 1987, the band seemed like it was on the rails. We had only moderate success in Britain, and vocalist Chuck Mosley was out. Despite not having a singer, we wrote Real Thing, our most successful album.

“A chance to dive into the sea of humanity — via tours in the ’80s and ’90s — was overshadowed by the fear of a newly identified horror: AIDS. The scourge was waiting in every warm crevice of every town. Our schedule didn’t provide time for discretion, either.

“By the making of Angel Dust in 1992, the line between the stage and reality became indistinct. [New singer] Mike Patton was having a reaction to sudden fame, and [keyboardist] Roddy [Bottum] was distant. Everyone was convinced they couldn’t continue with me in the band, so I sold my interest and we dissolved our partnership.“In a hardware store in 1993, I saw a package of Dill’s Atlantic Giant Pumpkin seeds that said they were ‘capable of achieving 500 to 600 pounds.’ After I tried growing them — without the results promised — I researched and discovered a subculture of pumpkin-growing fanatics.

“I learned radical techniques and implemented them with amazing results. I was hooked. It wasn’t until 2000 that I got competitive.

“The growth cycle spans five months; the rest of the year, I’m absorbed by research and soil preparation. What I do is closer to genetic engineering than farming. Being one of the top four growers in California leaves little time for ‘rock star’ activities. Surprisingly, though, in the bizarre, dark underbelly of competitive pumpkin growing, there are groupies.”

per la serie "vogliamo ricordarlo così..." :D

Web  Top
view post Posted on 25/2/2011, 08:34     +1   -1

All other (relevant) major authority figures

Group:
Moderatore globale

Ma voi lo sapevate che tra il 1998 ed il 2000 registrò quattro canzoni ed andò in tour con la band punk rock "fang"?
Io no, l'ho scoperto oggi, qua un video live:

12 replies since 23/4/2006, 16:38   455 views