Cattivo come adesso...Mike Patton's forum

Aprile 2006: la nostra prima intervista a Mike

« Older   Newer »
view post Posted on 1/2/2013, 16:24     +1   -1

Lord Of Terror

Group:
Administrator

questa è stata la nostra prima intervita a Mike, nell'Aprile del 2006

Cattivo Come Adesso: When did you first realize the potential of your voice?
Mike Patton: I guess when i was 8 or 9. I did things to get
attention at the orphanage.

CCA: Did you have any teacher at the beginning? Did you take singing lessons or studied solfeggio and such stuff?
MP: Never.

CCA: Did your parents or friends realized your talent?
And who gave you the gratest support ( apart from Trevor)?
MP: The Lord our savior helped me. Most people still don't know that I'm talented. Trevor keeps trying to get me to retire or let him sing.

CCA: Apart from being a young metalhead ( or merdallaro, as you prefer! ), what other kinds of music did you use to listen to before joining Faith No More? And, as an example, how did you discover Demetrio Stratos and Area? And, furthermore, have you always been listening to almost everything, or have you been enlarging your musical horizons through the years?
MP: Before FNM I was mainly into metal and videogame music. I became aware of other interesting music as I travelled the world. I'm always looking for new stuff.

CCA: Have you ever watched Stratos' documentary on his technique? Do you use any of his exercises? Can you make a second or third sound? We know you were going to take part in an event in Demetrios Stratos' honour in Vicenza ( Italy ).are you still going to? Maybe playing together with the remaining members of Area. By the way, are there any italian artist you would like to sing with?.Mina?
MP: I have not seen the documentary. I can make some interesting sounds. Most of the Italian artists that I really admire are dead. But I really like Zu and Corleone and others.

CCA: What do you exactly think about italian prog, or prog in general? Has it ever crossed your mind the idea of taking part in such a project? Maybe a collaboration with Cedric from Mars Volta, or John di Leo ( ex-Quintorigo ) or Balletto di bronzo.
MP: Prog does not do it for me. I don't enjoy mindless noodling and I don't smoke pot. I have enough projects right now!

CCA: Even though electronic is without any doubt extremely useful, we prefer a great lot having a musician, a person who plays an instrument.take William Winant in Mr. Bungle as an example.
MP: You like Willie?????

CCA: With the Peeing Tom project how do you think you will go live, on stage, if you will ever do it?! By the way, are there any news about the release of the cd? It's great stuff!!!
MP: It will be a full band. Hopefully touring by Fall.
The record comes out end of May. We just shot a music video.

CCA: With Mr. Bungle you used videogames samples.
Which were you favourite videogame when you wereyounger? Did you use to play with pc or with consoles? Do you know Monkey Island? .which videogames do you play with now?!
MP: I hate PC games only consoles. I just got a PSP that I love. I used to play Sonic and RBI Baseball. My favorites now are NBA Live and the Grand Theft Auto games. I did the voice of the title character in an upcoming PS3 game called "The Darkness".

CCA: You have a little golden horn around your neck...superstition? Have you any peculiar feeling with black cats, or is it still superstition?
We are thinking about "Falling to pieces" videoclip or your liveshows with Mr.Bungle, as you used to put a black cat puppet upon the stage.
MP: I have some superstitions, but would prefer not totalk about them.

CCA: When did you first come to Italy?
MP: I have never been, but heard it is nice.

CCA: Tell us what you DON'T like about Italy!
MP: I love it all!!!!

CCA: Which italian bands do you like? What do you think about Zu, with whom you play in Perugia and even in Japan? Are you going to do something with them? .by the way: what are you listening to lately, and what would you suggest to us?
MP: Yes, I really like Zu. Lately I'm listening to tapes of new Tomahawk music. I suggest you listen to what your momma says and everything on Ipecac.

CCA: In a previous interview, talking about Fantômas, you said something about a possible videoclip in Italy, where you drive an ape, running through the streets, with the rest of the band on the back, playing. Are you still thinking about it?! If you need public or extras, here we are! It would be great!!!
MP: We are almost done with it, but we need your help for sure. Call me!!!

CCA: Is it annoying for you that some fans of yours film your concerts? If it is NOT for business purposes, we find great ( considering nowadays technology ) to have the chance of having a video so easily, and with such a great quality. As there are no official video or dvd this is the only way to appreciate Fantômas music as it sounds in live performances, which is an important aspect of a band. What do you think about it? Are you against or pro bootleg-exchange?
MP: Trading is great! Selling is bullshit!

CCA: What did Adam Jones do in Fantômas cds?!
MP: He plays glockenspiel and wrote the lyrics on "Suspended Animation".

CCA: We think that it was no easy for you the substitution of Lombardo with Bozzio. and, in fact, you were behaving quite differently on stage, maybe you were even a bit nervous, isn't it? What was that let you choose Bozzio? There are rumors about a possible project with him.should Lombardo feel "at risk" now?!
MP: We are all at risk! Bozzio is a great drummer, very different than Dave but very good. Dave is the Fantômas drummer.

CCA: Talking about artworks ( marvellous!!! ), how did start your collaboration with Kvamme? To what extent do you take part in his work? And how do you two come to the final product?
MP: Met him at a show in Norway years ago. I really like his stuff and he is a real pro! We trade ideas formonths. We put a lot of work into these packages.

CCA: Do you personally choose the bands to which you offer a contract? Do you listen to all the demos you receive? Who listen to them? Which is the most original stuff Ipecac received?
MP: My partner Greg and I choose the bands. We do not listen to many demos. It would take up too much time. We hear about bands from our friends and other bands on the label. We receive some pretty good stuff, but a lot sounds like other bands on the label or bands that I have been in.

CCA: What does your electronic instrumentation (hardware, software, plugin, custom instrument ) consist of? And how do you use M-audio Ozone?
MP: Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

CCA: How do you think of the sounds you sing? I mean:when you first sang "purumpuppà", did it have a precise meaning for you?! Or were you following some strange rule of composition? Or did you have a sound in mind and then you tried to make it with your own voice? or is it your mechanic who invents them for you?!
MP: The voice is an instrument. No rules, just part of
the music.

CCA: Apart from music, are there any arts you explore so deeply or you feel deeply involved with? What you read and watch does influence you musically? If so,to what extent?
MP: I like reading and movies as well as videogames.
Everything in life influences me. Especially food.
Everything but interviews!!!!
HA!!!!

best,
MP

Edited by Fantômas - 1/2/2013, 16:44

Web  Top
0 replies since 1/2/2013, 16:24   121 views