Cattivo come adesso...Mike Patton's forum

Mike Patton is a Musician not a model or a Hollywood star, Are you interested in his music or in his face?

« Older   Newer »
view post Posted on 13/7/2008, 11:37     +1   -1

Group:
Administrator

Sometimes I ask myself if all that girls whith photos, videos - sometimes edited with hearts and glittering words - and animated gif of Mike Patton are really interested in his Music or, instead, they are only interested in his tidy face...
These girls are like vampires, and Patton is their prey....

CITAZIONE
One of the girls proceeds to ask Patton to sign her butt. He politely declines.

FAN: You are so awsome. I mean, shit, you're just so awsome. Can I have a hug?

PATTON: A hug? What about a handshake?

FAN: We love you so much. You're so awsome.

PATTON: Don't say that.

FAN: But you are. You're awsome.

PATTON:(getting irritated) Tell me something I don't know. You've already said that.

FAN: I love you. You're awsome. What are you doing after the show? Are you going to party?

PATTON: What do you mean, party?

FAN: Fucking everything, man.

PATTON: Fucking. That's what you really mean, that's what it all comes down to.

FAN: Have you got any weed?

PATTON: I only smoke crack.

FAN: You're so awsome.

"Goddamn. It's not right," exclaims Patton after the girls leave. "I've never had anyone look up to me and take what I say as gospel. Being so young, I don't know shit; I'm in no position to talk down to someone."

" The kind of crowd we draw is--" he says, "I don't know if *gullible* is the word, but--easy. I step to one side of the stage and they go crazy. It's so simple. It's not as if I'm doing anything important. I mean these kids are like little lambs. All these girls screaming and wanting to sleep with me, it's go nothing to do with sex. It's like vampirism. I'm their transfusion. It's not erotic or sexual, it's cartoonish.

"I'm uncomfortable with being a pop star. When you walk down the street and people yell at you and try to grab your hair, it's not natural. We were doing an in-store appearance and someone grabbed my hat right off my head. That's not right. You don't do that to someone walking down the street, so why do that to me? And I lost it. Threw hot coffee in his face. He gave me my hat back."

(extract from Spin Magazine, December 1990, Volume 6, Number 9)

What do you think about this (some) girl's attitude over Patton?

Edited by MrBungle82 - 13/7/2008, 12:55

Web  Top
Pattrusch
view post Posted on 13/7/2008, 12:26     +1   -1

Holy crap... that sux... I guess that s the heavy tax you have to pay for being famous. Geezas!

That reminds me of the youtube vid with the goofy blonde from Finland who asked Mike to marry her!!! His patience with people is admirable. I d tell her to fuckin fuck off!

I got to know people who were all mad about Mike and gradually I found out they dont know most of his stuff, being into Faith No More and having only some kind of a "best of" album (so actually not knowing even FNM properly!)... well... that speaks for itself...

Fortunately, my general experience is different. Most people [girls] I met infected with Pattonism are chicks that have been following his career for years and know his stuff well and are into it... His smashing face is kinda secondary "bonus" :)

Believe it or not but Mike Patton fans are the kindest and most considerate people I ve ever bumped into.

So what that they have animated gifs and profiles full of Patton?! Why not show what you like (as long as you re not on your knees hysterically tearing your hear, crying out loud "MIKE, I LOVE YOU MORE THAN MY MOTHER!!!!" muahahahahahaa...)

view post Posted on 13/7/2008, 12:45     +1   -1

Group:
Administrator

Looking at your myspace you could pass for one of that vampire girl :lol: , but if you say that is not only "vampirism" ( :D ) I have no reason to doubt you ^_^

(Sorry about my English)

ah, welcome in our forum

PS I see some Italian words in your myspace, here you can learn more :D

Web  Top
yumiho
view post Posted on 13/7/2008, 13:05     +1   -1

I wonder if Trevor Dunn has ever been the object of that kind of female 'vampirism'. Personally, I can't see what the fuss about Patton is all about. I am talking about his looks not about his music, which ultimately is what really matters. Another few years, his good looks will fade and only the real fans will stay.......I bet Patton will be relieved then. :lol:

Shayenne
view post Posted on 13/7/2008, 14:10     +1   -1

I was into Mike's music first, before I even saw him, when you see him though, it's not exactly an ugly sight either, just because he is nice looking doesn't mean he's also not talented. The man is so versatile and was always ever-changing, I mean, I can't get the people who want to stalk him each time he goes somewhere, or pays all this money to go to his concerts, in different countries, including airfare, that's alot of money you're dishing out too see someone who doesn't give a rat's ass about you. If he comes to my state, I'm happy, I'll drive to where he is, but I be damned I drive 3 or 4 states, thousands of miles, just like people traveling thousands of miles from country to country just to catch a glimpse of him or meet him. I think some girls think he'll actually pick them out of a crowd and fall in love with them...hahaha! yeah! sure!

Girls (and yes I notice alot of men) can be scary to him, which is what puts him off big time...the fanatics. I met him once, could have met him more, but hell, I don't want too, I don't want too be annoying to him, but am looking forward to when I can see him perform again and again! his music is not my only musical interest, but you know what?? I think Trevor Dunn is just as adorable, but I sure won't follow him all over as well. Trevor Dunn even hates how Patton fans are to him, and thinks they're sick.

It's ok to be fans, but some do go abit overboard, and seem more obssessive then they realize, but as long as they're not hurting anyone, or pulling on that man's hair anymore (and this could be a reason why he has his hair now the way it is!! he glues it down now) I think eventually they do grow out of this phase when they focus on other bands as well.

I just hope he keeps his music alive for many years to come, no matter the vampires... sometimes fame can be a bitch, and he should have expected this as well.

view post Posted on 13/7/2008, 17:12     +1   -1

Lord Of Terror

Group:
Administrator

For my little experience, I think Trevor and Mike are really different kind of people...

Web  Top
Shayenne
view post Posted on 13/7/2008, 18:59     +1   -1

From what people said about meeting Trevor, he is sheepish, and when I read a blog he wrote on his myspace about Patton fans, it was pretty arrogant, and he actually sounded a little jealous about him honestly, how there are pics of Patton on their page, and not of him when they request him for a friend, but they are definitely not the same kind of people, Trevor doesn't like people, and he's said it himself.. he wants the people to buy his music and be fans, but he doesn't want to think he has to even meet or be nice to them..he just seems disconnected with wanting to even think people can be nice to him because they sincerely like him, and not because he's friends with Patton, very paranoid actually.

view post Posted on 13/7/2008, 19:12     +1   -1

Lord Of Terror

Group:
Administrator

...I think you're wrong!
I met Trevor twice: the first time I interviewed him after Moonchild show.
We requested an interview with evryone (Mike, Trevor, John and Joey), but only Trevor accepted: as you see view in our interview (we filmed it) he was very gentle and very "nice".
He likes to talk about HIS music and not Mike's music, and I think he could talk for hours about his project!
I have to interview him after an Eyvind Kang concert, but at the last moment the "planning" changed and he went out of the theatre excusing himself for the mistake, but he stayed for about 10 minutes talking about his forthcoming projects.
Trevor doesen't like people who would know something about Mike from him!

Web  Top
yumiho
view post Posted on 13/7/2008, 20:17     +1   -1

I agree with Fantomas.....I would say that more that 'jealous', Trevor is wary of all the nutty patton fans, men and women, who use him thinking in their deluded minds that somehow they will one day end up meeting patton if they befriend trevor. Sad sad sad

Shayenne
view post Posted on 13/7/2008, 20:42     +1   -1

I am sure he is, but it's hard to mention Bungle to him when it was him and Patton, and Trey and Bar (all who are great) and people like to know things about that time also, which is also a time he should have been proud of, I don't know if you ever read that blog on his myspace, and I don't know if it's still there, but it was pretty hateful, maybe jealous isn't the right word, but it was sensed when that sentence of "people having more pics of Patton on their page, and not one of him" was there...it sounded abit whiney to me.

I am sure he is a nice guy, and I admire him as a musician, he's a wonderful bass player, and he did say he's had to deal with people wanting to be friends with him because of Patton all his life, and people can be scary, but give some people who are fans of both those artists the benefit of the doubt, just because they like Patton's music, that they can't like his.

yumiho
view post Posted on 13/7/2008, 22:48     +1   -1

I think he is proud of Mr Bungle and in fact in that interview, mentioned earlier by Fantomas, he said he was more than happy to talk about them. But then, I think you are right, he is maybe just a tad paranoid and that time he felt relaxed because the people interviewing him (Fantomas and Elena) showed a genuine enthusiasm for his music. Ok, maybe his remark about not having photos of him is a bit whiney, but he was a very important member in Mr Bungle! Perhaps he was in a bad mood that day when he wrote that post in his blog.
But then, at the end of the day how can you blame him? Anyway, I think not even patton himself is overjoyed when people ask him about mr bungle or, even worse, faith no more.

Shayenne
view post Posted on 13/7/2008, 23:24     +1   -1

Yeah, he could have been in a bad mood, and from reading alot of his interviews and his website, he always has different views about things as he gets older, or depending on what is happening around that time of his life now...

Mind you, I'm one of his biggest fans too, and love his music, and of course he is human as we all are, we all have our bad days, as Patton also, and it wouldn't let me think less of them, he does seem very sweet and sincere and I do enjoy what he has to say, he's a very intelligent man, with a great sense of humor, that's for sure.

VTEC375
view post Posted on 7/8/2008, 22:36     +1   -1

Donna is that you??

view post Posted on 7/8/2008, 22:46     +1   -1

Group:
Administrator

yes, Shayenne is Donna :sisi:

Web  Top
Shayenne
view post Posted on 8/8/2008, 00:03     +1   -1

Yep is me vtec, who are you hun?

37 replies since 13/7/2008, 11:37   6769 views