Cattivo come adesso...Mike Patton's forum

Roy Paci and Co., Artists in MONDO CANE world...

« Older   Newer »
slapman
view post Posted on 29/5/2007, 17:47     +1   -1

Roy Paci (Trumpet in Mondo Cane)

Roy Paci was born in 1969 in Sicily. At the age of 10, he was already playing the trumpet in the band of his town, Augusta. At the age of 12, his excellent talent allowed him to play with some traditional jazz bands (Hot Jazz Orchestra, New Royal Big Band etc). In 1986 he met Stefano Maltese, composer and saxophone player and with the sextet “As Sigilli” they participated in a lot of national and international festivals.

In 1990 he moved to South America where he played with the Argentine state big Band; he played in the Canary islands and in Senegal before going back to Italy. Paci and Maltese re-established their artistic bond and the duo played all over Italy. He then organised a huge Radio Trance event with Mau Mau, involving Ohmega Tribe of Bologna (electronics), the Indian tabalist Indar Matharu, member of the Fundamental, e I Gnawa Sidi Mimoun of Casablanca.

Roy started a lot of projects: an improvised music duo with the double bass player Fred Casadei, the Hajjaj duo. During their live shows, they showed mute films and B-movies ( like “Tetsuo” of the Japanese Sukamoto); With the Taranta quartet he mixed sperimental jazz with Balkan sonorities.

After that, he was constantly working in recording studios: he participated as trumpet player to different productions with Africa Unite (reggae), Fratelli di Soledad (ska), Lou Dalfin (etno).

His list of artistic collaborations is endless: Orchestra Spaziale di Giorgio Casadei, Cristina Zavalloni Open Quartet con Michael Godard, Francesco Branciamore Trio, Zero Tolerance con F. Cusa, dj Max e dj Fab.

Very important is his collaboration with Ivano Fossati for the project “Scambi Pressochè Telepatici” that the actress Elisabetta Pozzi presented in the Turin music hall.

In 1998, Roy Paci and Fabio Barovero from Mau Mau worked on the project Banda Jonica, with the aim to rediscover traditional music from the South of Italy. Two of the tracks from the first album “Passione” were included in the soundtrack for the movie “La Ragazza sul Ponte” , by French director Patric Laconte.

Still in 1998 Roy Paci formed the quartet ZU and recorded “Bromo”, pure esemplification of avant-garde and jazz-core; in 1999 for their the second album "The Dark Side of the Chadbourne", they collaborated American guitarist Eugene Chadbourne.
In 2000 he formed the trio “Trionacria” with Gianni Gebbia and Francesco Cusa; in the meantime Roy continued the collaborations with a lot of artists like Jaap Blonk, Michael Moore, Gert Jan Bloom, Eric Mingus, Antonio Moncada,Teresa De Sio, Giorgio Conte, 99 Posse, Mau Mau.

In 2001 he participated in the recording sessions for the album “Proxima Estacion: Espernza” by Manu Chao.
With Aretuska he released the album “Baciamo le mani” which wisely mixes rock steady, ska, soul, funky and Mediterranean melodies. Guest appearances on voice in this album are: Bunna from Africa Unite, Dani from Macaco and Meg from 99 Posse.
In 2003 he released the album “Tuttapposto” with Aretuska

After that, they went on a very long promotional tour playing not only in Italy, but also in France, Germany, Switzerland and Belgium. In the meantime Roy brought to life a new project, I Corleone. They have been playing all over Italy since springtime 2004. In their album “Wei-Wu-Wei” exceptional guest star Mike Patton (Faith no More, Mr. Bungle, Fantomas etc.) collaborated on the track “Tutto diventerà rosso”. In April 2005 Roy Paci and Aretuska had a come back with an album named “Parola d’onore”
During May 2007, he also toured briefly with Mike Patton (only three dates) in Italy. The project is called “Mondo Cane” and is a celebration sixties Italian music from the Fifties and Sixties.

Website
myspace

-----------------

Vincenzo Vasi (Theremin in Mondo Cane)

A versatile composer with a surreal style – in fact, he plays bass, theremin, marimba, vibraphone, electronics and voice – he is considered one of the most eclectic musicians in Italy. His style goes from electronic experimentation to intelligent pop music. He has been active since 1990 in the field of experimental music with different projects like Trio Magneto, Ella Guru, Gastronauti, Switters, Orchestra Spaziale, Etherguys, and he has recorded more then 25 albums. He has collaborated with Vinicio Capossela, Ominostanco and Roy Paci; this last one was also the producer of the album Vince Vasi Qy Lunch. He played with Chris Cutler, Tony Coe, Butch Morris, Antonello Salis, Pierre Favre, Phil Minton, Paolo Angeli, Gianluca Petrella, Cristina Zavalloni, Otomo Yoshihide, Lol Coxill, Steve Piccolo, Wang inc., Joey Baron, Ikue Mori, Lukas Ligeti, John Zorn…

website
myspace

-----------------

Aldo Sisillo (Director in Mondo Cane)

After completing his musical studies in Naples, he obtained a first class degree at the “G.B. Martini” Conservatory in Bologna with Giorgio Zagnoni, after studying flute as well as Disciplines of Art Music and Spectacle. He studied orchestral direction with Massimo de Bernart, Vladimir Delman and Gianluigi Gelmetti. During his career he directed various orchestras all over Italy, plyaing also in European theatres.

website

-----------------

ENRi (Hammond in Mondo Cane)

... about his album "Music Performed"....

An overpowering live set played on psychedelic and funk atmos that rends tribute to italian soundtrack from the 60's and the 70's.
"MUSIC PERFORMED"an easy tilte for performer concept, a definition that is a really well-description for this polyhedric musician can play different instruments and singing: from Hammond organ to synthezisers, and clavinet too.
And differents are influences and musical genres too, explored together with Zan the drummer and the brass section "Hot Horns". Enri presents a live gig that re-propose psychedelic and funk atmos of the record songs, otherwise written for the major part by himself.
In his music, dancers and listeners can track influences and imprinting of great artists such as Piero Piccioni or Booker T. & the MGS,but Enri do mix and elaborate them in a mix of soundtracks, covering psichedelia, space-age and funk. An energy full live gig wich is true inspiration to re-interprete old tunes such as rhythm & blues or soul, and feel the emotions of the '60 beat.

"MUSIC PERFORMED"distributed in Europe, America and Japan, is considered the most important soul and funk record in the nowadays Italian music scene, really rich for psichedelic cues and a so original style... He did collaborate with international artists such as Pizzicato five ( Jap ), Mike Patton (Usa), Mario Scaccia (Ita), Peter Thomas ( Ger ), Maxwell Implosion ( Ger ) and so on..with presences in many compilations.
At the helm of Vip200, when the italian cocktail lounge scene ruled in the world,he played and perform on the most prestigious national international stages and events, Russia, Germany and Switzerland, where their music was appreciated and made the proceed in their carrer and project.
Swinging between Hammond Clavinet Melodica together with Zan the drummer and the brass section "Hot Horns" Trumpet (Paride Silvio) and Sax (Luca Gardini), ENRi is able to embrace all of us by an explosive and fantastic live gig, full of movie soundtrack oriented tunes mixed in an extremely and crazy music cocktail wich will make dance and sweat even the laziest listener!!
The live gig line-up on stage is all strictly original from the '60's: Hammond organ, Clavinet, Melodica and Ludwig drums!

website
myspace

-----------------

Alessandro "Asso" Stefana (Guitar in Mondo Cane)

Guitarist and composer Alessandro Stefana, better known as “Asso” (b. 1981), was introduced to music by his father. In 1987 he began studying classical guitar and continued until 1998. Over the years he became curious and passionate about many other instruments, creating a personal world of sounds and visions that traverses atmospheres that are both dreamlike and vaguely western, with constant references to both the rural blues and the psychedelic. His music is made still more evocative by his unique selection of instruments: steel and pedal steel guitar, kalimba, omnichord, vinyl loops, ukulele, balaphon, electric guitar, banjo and tape echoes. During the 2005 he recorded the solo album “Poste e Telegrafi” (the titles comes from the signs outside Italian Post Offices), with the participation of several special guests: MARC RIBOT (Tom Waits, John Zorn and many others) electric guitar, LEO ABRAHAMS (Brian Eno, Ed Harcourt and many others) laptop guitars, MARCO PARENTE percussions, ENRICO GABRIELLI bass clarinet, VINCENZO VASI bass, and DAVIDE TIDONI objects. The album will be released in 2007 for IMPORTANT RECORDS. After the works with his band lumière electrique he has also collaborate with VINICIO CAPOSSELA, EMIDIO CLEMENTI, MARCO PARENTE, GOODMORNINGBOY, THE BELLES, OLEO STRUT and others...

website
myspace

-----------------

Riccardo Onori (Guitar in Mondo Cane)

Riccardo Onori – Electric Guitar -was born on 26th March 1969 in Prato, Tuscany. He begins to play to the age of 14 years old: he attends the Fiesole Conservatory for three years, and then he participates to numerous jazz clinics, organized by John Abercrombie, Jim Hall, Bill Frisell, Pat Metheny and Bruce Forman.On 1989, with his Band "Edipo e il suo Complesso", he participates to tv transmission "Sanremo Follies"; then, during the christmas week, he is host to "Hot Line", a program on air on Videomusic, and at last, he records his first one cd "Pura Lana".
On 1995, he participates, like live musician, to the theatral show:"L’Elogio della Fuga" with the participation of Franco Di Francescantonio.He is to the Marseilles Biennial, with Lorenzo Brusci and Timet Band and with them he records one cd, called "Cicli di Sintesi". He wins Bologna Biennial, with "Specchio Ensemble Band", and on 1996 he wins the first prize at the European competition "Eurojazz". At the same time, he collaborates with "Dirotta su Cuba"and with them he participates to three tourneè; on the same year, he plays at Sanremo Festival with Toots Thielemans. On 1998, he takes part of Irene Grandi's Band and with her he goes in tourneè on March 1999. Moreover, always on 1998, he plays with Charlie Wood ,soul-rhythm&blues singer and pianista, from Menphis. He starts to collaborate, on 1999, with Stefano Bollani and Massimo Altomare, to the realization of a disc, product by C.P.I., with special guest the comic actor, Riccardo Pangallo…Still with Stefano Bollani, and his Band "L’orchestra del Titanic", he records others two albums, the first one is estimated better album by the "Musica Jazz" magazine.
Since 2000, he collaborates with Jovanotti to the realization of the cd "Il Quinto Mondo", subsequently, he participates to "Quinto Mondo" tour, that it touches main numerous Italian cities and European festivals. In contemporary, he produces one young rock band, "La Camera Migliore", with them he realizes two cds: "La Camera Migliore" and "Cari Miei", with "Due Parole" Label of Carmen Consoli. On 2004, he begins a tour, with Saturnino, in several club, and then he works, with Jovanotti, to the realization of the cd "Buon Sangue", and he participates to the tour that it follows the escape of the aforesaid one cd. On 2005, he collaborates with Eumir Deodato, famous Brazilian pianista that he has produced famous artists, which Cool and The Gang and Bjork; with Deodato he plays at Umbria Jazz Festival, at Blue Note, in Milan, and on October 2006, they play in two important Japanese cities, Tokyo and Kobe. Moreover, during his artisic career, he has collaborated with Max Gazzè, Alex Britti, Syria, Paolo Vallesi, Oracio Ernadez, Enrico Rava, Gianni Maroccolo, Ernesttico Rodriguez, Marco Tamburini, Massimo Manzi, Jarabe de Palo, Paolino Della Porta, Fabrizio Sferra, Peu Meurray…etc…etc....

myspace

Edited by MrBungle82 - 29/6/2008, 16:21

opserc
view post Posted on 10/8/2010, 05:11     +1   -1

Hello, who are the back vocal girls?

view post Posted on 10/8/2010, 23:15     +1   -1

Group:
Administrator

CITAZIONE (opserc @ 10/8/2010, 06:11)
Hello, who are the back vocal girls?

If you are MrPunkB on youtube (that asked the same question on my "Scalinatella" video), I answered you there... anyway their name are: Roberta Magnetti, Elena Bacciolo and Roberta Bacciolo.

Myspaces:

www.myspace.com/robertabacciolo

www.myspace.com/robertinacuore (Roberta Magnetti)

www.myspace.com/vocidicorridoio (a band with all the three girls)

Web  Top
natalica
view post Posted on 15/8/2010, 19:25     +1   -1

ciao di nuovo
sorry to be repeating my question
but since i have many friends from other countries that would LOVE to understand the lyrics of Mondo Cane
i would be happy if u give me a direct link to that EXCELLENT page where u had the testi e traduzioni in Inglese di tutto'l progetto...??
PLEASEEEEE???
era 1 cosa troppo bella secondo me e non riesco a trovarla nonostante ricerche profonde avanti e dietro nel blog
GRAZIE MILLE!!!

uovo mascherato
view post Posted on 15/8/2010, 19:55     +1   -1

I've just sent you a personal message with the link. ;)

aerospace engineering
view post Posted on 23/12/2010, 13:52     +1   -1

I think one of your advertisements caused my internet browser to resize, you might want to put that on your blacklist.

Alaraco
view post Posted on 31/12/2010, 00:05     +1   -1

I was wondering were can I get info about all these masters and here there are! thank u very very much! :ohoh:

view post Posted on 31/12/2010, 00:16     +1   -1

Group:
Administrator

CITAZIONE (Alaraco @ 31/12/2010, 00:05) 
I was wondering were can I get info about all these masters and here there are! thank u very very much! :ohoh:

thank you too for visiting our forum my friend! :)

Web  Top
7 replies since 29/5/2007, 17:47   1946 views