Cattivo come adesso...Mike Patton's forum

Denison & Les Paul, video + altra roba

« Older   Newer »
view post Posted on 17/1/2007, 15:17     +1   -1

fenomenologo da quattro soldi

Group:
Fan Club

http://www.gibson.com/bfg/denison.htm

questo è il video... non l' ho posso sentire perchè su questo pc ho la scheda audio fottuta, domani o comunque nei prossimi giorni mi ritorna l' altro pc e sentirò...

in pratica, Duane è passato dalla telecaster (aveva una telecaster vero? con i TJL sicuramente, con i Tom non lo so...) ad una Gibson Les Paul BFG

As comfortable on stage at CBGBs as he is at the Grand Ole Opry, Duane Denison is that rare guitar player who can play anything and still sound like himself. From Chicago-based punk noise legends the Jesus Lizard, to the honky tonk stomp of Hank III, to the alt metal indie rock of Tomahawk, Denison has proven himself as one of the most distinctive and inventive guitar players around. While his new band U.S.S.A. works on a debut album of post-industrial artcore for an ’07 release, Duane keeps himself busier than busy with steady session and sideman gigs for artists as varied as Silver Jews, Bobby Bare Jr., Beverly Knight, Will Oldham, Firewater, Pigface, to name just a few.

Here, Duane puts the BFG through its paces. The new Les Paul has quickly become one of his favorite guitars. The sonic versatility provided by the Burstbucker and the P-90 allow him access to the broad range of sound he needs, and the lightweight body makes it easy to play through long gigs and nights in the studio. Duane says he has been using the BFG on recent U.S.S.A. sessions. Stay tuned for some BFG-powered clips from the band’s debut.

quindi Duane ha una nuova band oltre ai Tomahawk... e i Tomahawk sono in arrivo dai, manca poco

view post Posted on 17/1/2007, 15:20     +1   -1

Group:
Administrator

figata il video, grande Duane... bellissima la chitarra!

Si sarà rotto le palle di aspettare Patton, così nel frattempo si è creato una nuova band :D

Web  Top
view post Posted on 17/1/2007, 15:22     +1   -1

Group:
Fan Club

penso che sti USSA usciranno per la Ipecac e prevedo che saranno il gruppo che farà il tour con i Tomahawk...

view post Posted on 17/1/2007, 15:26     +1   -1

Group:
Administrator

per la cronaca, nel video non dice niente di che.... fa una piccola presentazione di sé e poi parla della chitarra... è una sorta di spot promozionale della Les Paul

Edited by MrBungle82 - 17/1/2007, 15:38

Web  Top
view post Posted on 18/1/2007, 15:17     +1   -1

Lord Of Terror

Group:
Administrator

...mi sembra strano che Duane inizi ad usare una chitarra che la stessa Gibson definisce "...the most powerful Les Paul ever made..."
Duane ha sempre usato nei concerti dei Tomahawk, e penso anche nelle registrazioni un a Gibson hollowbody modello ES-135, dotata di ponte Bigsby: sia in versione nera che fiammata.

Questa è una chitarra usata speso da jazzisti, quindi con un suono caldo e "tranquillo", e, come ha dichiarato in alcune interviste, molto versatile per la quantità di effetti da lui usata.
...sapendo che il nuovo album dei Tomahawk dovrebbe essere molto acustico ed etnico, penso quindi che questa Gibson verrà usata da Duane nel suo gruppo U.S.S.A.

Web  Top
view post Posted on 18/1/2007, 21:08     +1   -1

Group:
Fan Club

in effetti dice che sta usando la nuova per le sessioni con gli Ussa
comunque io preferisco questa nera come estetica :D

ah gli ussa forse hanno di mezzo qualche ex membro dei Jesus Lizard... ho fatto qualche ricerca ma non ho trovato nulla, hanno il myspace ma è vuoto...

view post Posted on 19/1/2007, 09:53     +1   -1

Lord Of Terror

Group:
Administrator

...ES-135 nella versione Sunburst

Web  Top
view post Posted on 19/1/2007, 11:01     +1   -1

Lord Of Terror

Group:
Administrator

..però in una intervista del 2006 dice di usare spesso "chitarre Fernandes"...
...il modello è questo

Web  Top
view post Posted on 19/1/2007, 11:08     +1   -1

'I am a Shadow and I dwell in the catacombs which border the country of illusion hard by the dim plains of wishing'

Group:
Fan Club

CITAZIONE (Petauro @ 18/1/2007, 21:08)
ah gli ussa forse hanno di mezzo qualche ex membro dei Jesus Lizard...

il che non sarebbe affatto male...

Web  Top
view post Posted on 19/1/2007, 11:19     +1   -1

Lord Of Terror

Group:
Administrator

....dal forum dei Melvins
"...i was talking to a co-worker and she informed my her boyfriend(gary) has a new band(i think called u.s.s.a.) the members of which include duane denison, paul barker, another guitarist from ministry, and some world famous asian drummer named john..."

Web  Top
*Shaz*
view post Posted on 19/1/2007, 12:18     +1   -1

perchè per gli USSA non si apre un topic apposito in other music?
pare interessante e prima o poi dovrà succedere...

view post Posted on 19/1/2007, 18:22     +1   -1

Group:
Fan Club

ok... comunque grazie mille Fant per la notizia!!

view post Posted on 20/1/2007, 08:11     +1   -1

Lord Of Terror

Group:
Administrator

...hai qualche foto di Denison con altre chitarre?

Web  Top
view post Posted on 20/1/2007, 15:03     +1   -1

Esegeta

Group:
Fan Club

CITAZIONE
The Jesus Lizard has nothing to do with gospel or Godzilla. But the Chicago-based foursome's striking brand of musically adept post-punk, first captured on their 1989 debut, has own critical acclaim and exploding underground notoriety. On the recently released Lash EP, the Lizard continues to deliver a lascivious prog-thrash punch by way of demented vocals, Ginsu-sharp rhythms, and crafty guitar lines.

"We never felt any affinity with the sloppy, garage, grunge-type stuff," claims guitarist Duane Denison. "We like to keep things pretty tight." Even though the band revels in snaky 5/8 and 7/8 grooves, Denison suggests that his band's basic approach isn't a far cry from the simple gut-rock of the Ramones or AC/DC: "It's just raw, unprocessed guitar and drum sounds with strong vocals."

Whether explosive lead singer David Yow is drunkenly howling or simply breathing hard, Denison provides meaty backup. "I generally stay in the pocket," he notes, "and once in a while I'll lay in some unusual chords or a melodic figure that goes against the grain. You have to be careful, though;; the more complicated and calculated you get, the less rock comes through."

Denison, who spent a year studying flamenco early in his career, favors the clean, bright sound of Travis Bean guitars played through an evolving combination of Hiwatt and Marshall heads and cabinets. Through he uses a coiltap switch to play with his tone and experiments with various "prepared guitar" techniques - "there's a lot you can do with garbage bag twist ties" - Denison otherwise avoids effects: "I concentrate on getting the most out of a simple setup. "I like to keep things hands-own. When we play live, it's usually a wild free-for-all, and any extra stuff onstage tends to get trashed. I bought a digital delay unit once, and on the second song it got smashed apart by the kids onstage." Despite the trampled gear, Denison relishes his stage time: "Playing guitar loudly in front of people is just a basic, fun thing to do."

Intervista di Denison ai tempi dei JL su Guitar Magazine.

Interessante perchè nell'ultima parte descrive qualche tecnica di creazione del suono particolare di duane, il quale avrebbe combinato una serie di effetti, amplificatori e strumenti.

e ancora:

CITAZIONE
Travis Beans experienced a surge in poularity when a few prolific guitarists began using Travis Beans exclusively. Duane Denison of the Jesus Lizard played a green turquoise Standard through many tours during the 1990-1994 period (the turquoise was a non-orignal color) prior to getting a sponsorship from Hamer guitars. Denison also played a white Standard with non-original pickups, but sold it in the early 1990s. Lee Renaldo of Sonic Youth, after playing Duane Denison's, bought one and plays it live. At some point, two of Renaldo's Beans were stolen (#102 and #375) and recovered, but as I recall were badly damaged. Last, but not least, is Steve Albini. Denison first played a Travis Bean while recording with Albini

qua ci sono immagini e dati sulla chitarra che usava Duane.

Web Contacts  Top
view post Posted on 20/1/2007, 15:30     +1   -1

Lord Of Terror

Group:
Administrator

...bravo Sga!
..non riuscivo a capire cosa fosse questa chitarra azzurrina...

Web  Top
23 replies since 17/1/2007, 15:17   494 views